Rachel F. Adler
Department of Computer Science
Northeastern Illinois University
R-Adler AT neiu.edu
Rachel Adler is an associate professor in the Department of Computer Science at Northeastern Illinois University. She is also affiliate faculty at Northwestern University's C3 lab.
She received her Ph.D. in Computer Science from the Graduate Center of the City University of New York. Her research interests are in the areas of Human-Computer Interaction and Computer Science Education.
Below are a list of current grants:
- 2016-2021: PI on an NSF STEM + C grant adding computational thinking and coding into STEM classes for preservice K-8 teachers.
- 2019-2024: Co-Director on a Department of Education EIR grant to increase K-12 teacher training in Computer Science at Waukegan School District 60.
- 2020-2023: Co-PI on an NIH U54 ChicagoCHEC project to create an app to empower cancer survivors with disabilities to manage their disease and its consequences.
- 2020-2022: Consultant on an NSF Convergence Accelerator grant to design an AI platform that will empower anyone to easily find answers about federal court records.
- 2020-2021: Teach Access Curriculum Development award to integrate more topics on accessibility into Human-Computer Interaction classes.