Rachel F. Adler
School of Information Sciences
University of Illinios Urbana-Champaign
radler AT illinois.edu
Rachel Adler is an Associate Professor in the School of Information Sciences at Univerity of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. She was previously an Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science at Northeastern Illinois University. She also spent three years as affiliate faculty at Northwestern University's C3 lab.
She received her Ph.D. in Computer Science from the Graduate Center of the City University of New York. Her research interests are in the areas of human-computer interaction, accessibility, and computing education.
Below are a list of current external grants:
- Co-Director on a $3.5 million Department of Education EIR grant to increase K-12 teacher training in Computer Science at Waukegan School District 60.
- mPI on an NIH U54 ChicagoCHEC grant to create an app to empower cancer survivors with disabilities to manage their disease and its consequences.
- Consultant on an NIDILRR grant to design an mHealth peer navigator intervention for people with disabilities.
- Co-PI on a SIGCSE Special Project Grant studying Neurodiversity and Accessibility.
- PI. NSF STEM + C Grant. "Integrating Science, Mathematics, and Computing within an Elementary and Middle School Pre-Service Teacher Education Curriculum", $700,608, 2016-2021.
- Consultant. NSF Convergence Accelerator. "Systematic Content Analysis of Litigation Events (SCALES) Open Knowledge Network to Enable Transparency and Access to Court Records." $2,532,105, 2020-2022.
- Teach Access Faculty Grant. $5,000. 2020-2021.
- Co-Investigator. NIH U54 ChicagoCHEC Grant Pilot Project. "An e-Health Intervention to Improve Symptom Burden and Health-Related Quality of Life among Hispanic Women Completing Active Treatment for Breast Cancer." 2016-2018.