Create Your Own Blog
Create a blog of your own at blogger.com (you must use blogger). Please include your name somewhere on your blog.
Watch this video on blogs on youtube.
ASSESSMENT: To receive credit for this assignment you must email me (R-Adler@neiu.edu) the link to your new blog.
Below are step by step instructions on creating a blog using blogger.com.
- Go to www.blogger.com
- If you do not have a gmail/google account you will need to create one.
- If you have one, sign in with it.
- Click on the button on the left-hand side of the page that says "New Blog"
- Enter a title, the url you would like your blog to have, and choose a template.
(I have created my own blog for this class using blogger and called it adlerstechthoughts.blogspot.com) You can call yours whatever you want.
- Your blog has been created. Click on it. You can modify it. Click on the layout link on the left-hand side of the page if you want to change the layout, etc. You can click on posts to create a new post (enter the title and message and click publish at the top).
- To view your blog click on the view blog link on the top of the page (or enter your url).
- View your profile and edit it.
- Include your name somewhere on the page so I know who you are.
- The URL for your blog is the name you called it followed by .blogspot.com
- Make the blog your own - have fun with it!
- Remember to email me the full URL of your blog.
Your First Blog Post
Introduce yourself and answer the following question:
How do you feel a course can effectively integrate blogs, Twitter, and/or other Web 2.0 technologies? Cite one reading.
Create a Blogroll
In order to have the most uptodate class list - wait until after January 31 to complete this assignment.
You will add a "Blogroll," or Blog List, to your Blog. Here you will link to all your classmates' (and instructor's) blogs.
Here's how to set up your blogroll on blogger:
- Once you have logged in to your blog, go to "Layout"
- Select Add a Gadget (You can move it wherever you want on the page later)
- Select Blog List
- ADD your classmates' blogs (one ad a time) to your Blog List by clicking on "Add a blog to your list." You can find the URLs of your classmates' blogs by looking at my blogroll here:
- Add my blog as well (adlerstechthoughts.blogspot.com/) in your blogroll.
- You now have a "Blogroll"